Founded in 1899 with the assistance of the Reverend Adam Marcinkiewicz, the Pastor of nearby Assumption Church. The Polish Cadets of Buffalo has acted as a central social meeting place and advocate for the citizenry of the Black Rock community. At one time a men's club for polish immigrants, this club has evolved into a family oriented, multi-ethnic meeting place for a variety of events. With a full kitchen and two bars this club is well equipped to host public cultural events like Dyngus Day and Oktoberfest, as well as private parties for its members. It continues to become an ideal meeting place for club members of all nationalities.
At 927 Grant Street, the building was designed by famed local Polish architect W. Zawadzki and was constructed in 1913. The current president, Wendy Higgins has pride in continuing the betterment of the building and reputation of the Polish Cadets of Buffalo in the tradition of her father, prior president William M. Leisch. With support of her family and friends, she continues to work hard to promote the club and offer the community a family friendly gathering place.
The Polish Cadets of Buffalo was originally known as the Polish Cadet Society. This society had evolved into several Polish organizations, one being the Polish Cadets Federal Credit Union. The credit union was founded in 1950 by the small businessmen of the Black Rock community which included a baker, a florist and many factory workers. In February 2009, the name was changed to the Cadets Federal Credit Union and is located within the Polish Cadets club house.